Hi all. back from some months but was (and still is) a very complex period.
In any case we restart our publishing 🙂 and we do it by analyzing a possible strategy to motivate people on tedious tasks.
- people less motivated
- possible errors
- impacts on their (and our goals)
- Find a common ground where to discuss: share your empathy on employee situation (e.g. by setting the employee work in context and set up a positive approach to the discussion).
- Propose the task
- Offer a reward (even immaterial) linked to the accomplishment of the task. Visibility into company is a good one to explore
- Differentiate (not always the same person, he/she will perceive it as being the scapegoat)
- Gamify: How Gamification Motivates People to Do Extraordinary Things; Routledge http://amzn.to/2b88pLB
- How to Get People to Do Stuff: Master the art and science of persuasion and motivation, New Riders http://amzn.to/2btiQ1C
- How to Succeed with People: Remarkably easy ways to engage, influence and motivate almost anyone, Capstone http://amzn.to/2btiyYz
(Image by Christopher Bruno)